What is a VPN Connection?
If you use the internet (i.e. right now), a VPN or Virtual Private Network is for you. These days, the risk on the internet is so high and the cost of VPNs are so inexpensive, it is foolish not to have one set up. Whether you're on your secure home internet connection or public WiFi, a VPN is critical.
If you're using the internet at a coffee shop, WiFi at a campsite, or any other public WiFi option, don't underestimate the importance of being in control of your data and privacy!
A VPN is a service that allows you to connect to the internet, but through an encrypted portal. This encryption is to ensure your online privacy and protects your personal and sensitive data at home or on a public WiFi. As outdoor adventure seekers, a VPN protects you on the go. A VPN isn't only best to secure a connection on a public WiFi, but it is commonly used to hide IP addresses and make browsing private. The best part is that you can put a VPN on all of your devices including computers, phones, tablets, TVs, and nearly everything else.
How to get a VPN?
VPNs are pretty simple to come by, but understanding why they are important and getting the right one is essential.
We got a VPN for our personal and business lives. A lot of our personal and business information is stored on hard drives, our computer, and on third-party cloud services. Knowing we had to get a VPN, but not knowing where to being, we started searching the internet. Through our research, looking at available options, offerings, and cost, we were shocked at the cost of VPN services!
We found the best value for the money was Surfshark.
Follow these steps to get Surfshark set up:
- Visit Surfshark to get started
- Choose your plan (the most cost effective option and the one we chose was the 24-month plan) *Surfshark often offers promotions and discounts, and the link above will ensure you get the latest deal!
- Sign up with your email address
- Activate additional privacy
- Enter payment information
- Follow the steps and download the program on your computer, install app on your phone, install app on your TV, and install Surfshark on any other device you have.
The benefits of VPN and why we use Surfshark
There are multiple benefits of a VPN. We couldn't be happier with our choice of Surfshark for our VPN provider. Some of the reasons include:
- No ads on search engines
- No trackers
- No malware on our devices
- Able to use Surfshark on ALL of our devices
- Whitelist specific websites (i.e. mobile banking)
- Encryption for our personal and business data
- Hiding our IP Address
- This is a cheap VPN option
- And so much more!
The advantages of a VPN are endless. If you're looking for a secure VPN to work with your internet provider, there's no need to look at internet VPN reviews any longer! We found the best VPN service. Check out Surfshark today to learn more!